Table of Contents
- 1. Paschimottanasana
- 2. Kumbhakasana
- 3. Uttanapadasana
- 4. Dhanurasana
- 5. Naukasana
- Additional tips for performing yoga for erectile dysfunction.
Regular practitioners of yoga reap many physical and emotional benefits. In addition, yoga can also improve the production of hormones, including testosterone. Some asanas, in particular, increase the blood flow to the pelvic region. And this can be life-changing for males who suffer from erectile dysfunction or ED.
Today we share the five best asanas you can practice to beat erectile dysfunction.
Other names of this asana are seated forward bend and Intense Dorsal Stretch.
How to perform paschimottanasana:
- Sit down with a straight and elongated spine. Keep your feet together and toes pointing straight towards the ceiling.
- Take a deep breath and stretch your arms upwards.
- Exhale slowly and reach your arms towards the toes. Remember to keep your spine erect and do not strain it.
- Reach your palms over the toes and grasp the feet, keeping your fingers straight.
- Either rest your forehead on your knees or hover above them.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and hold the pose for three to five breaths or up to 20 seconds, whichever feels comfortable.
- Gently return to the sitting position.
How paschimottanasana helps with erectile dysfunction.
The asana strengthens the perennial muscles and helps develop endurance. These same muscle groups are engaged during sexual intercourse, so the asana strengthens them and helps improve premature ejaculation.
Caution – If you have problems with your back, you should perform this asana with care.
Kumbhakasana is also popularly known as the plank pose.
How to perform kumbhakasana:
- Lie flat on a quality yoga mat on your belly. Your hands should be parallel to your face.
- Position your feet so that the toes are touching the ground and ready to hold your weight.
- Press down into the floor and raise your body up. Your toes should also be pressed into the floor and supporting some of your weight. In addition, your legs should remain parallel to the floor while your wrists are directly below the shoulders. Take care not to extend your elbows outwards or collapse your shoulder blades.
- Keep your back straight. Furthermore, your shoulders and your heels should form one straight line.
- Hold the plank pose for as long as you can while breathing comfortably.
- To release, exhale as you come back to your knees and hands and gently assume your normal position.
How kumbhakasana helps with erectile dysfunction.
The asana strengthens the full-body, especially the upper body and core muscles. This, in turn, improves your stamina and performance in the bedroom.
Caution – If you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, proceed with this asana with utmost care. Furthermore, do not hold the pose for extended periods.
The other name of this asana is the raised legs pose.
How to perform uttanapadasana:
- Lie back on a yoga mat and face up. Your hands should be on your sides, palms facing down.
- Press your heels together and breathe in as you raise both your legs in the air. The distance between your legs and the floor should be about a foot forming a 30o angle.
- Hold this position for about three to four breaths and return to the supine position.
- If you feel confident, you can proceed further and raise your legs higher to form a 60o angle. Hold the pose without straining your body.
- Slowly lower your legs as you exhale and return to your normal position.
How uttanapadasana helps with erectile dysfunction.
The asana strengthens the reproductive organs and psoas as well as hip flexor muscles. It also improves blood circulation to the pelvic region, which enhances your stamina during intercourse.
Caution – If you have a neck injury, support your head and neck area with a rolled up blanket or towel. Males with high blood pressure should refrain from performing uttanapadasana.
The other name of dhanurasana is the bow pose.
How to perform dhanurasana:
- Lie belly flat on the floor or a yoga mat while keeping your feet about a hip-width apart. Your hands should be on your sides with palms facing up.
- Gently exhale as you fold your knees towards your back. Simultaneously, reach your hands up and grab your ankles.
- Now take a deep breath and lift your chest off the floor.
- Without straining your back, pull your legs towards your back and shift your gaze straight ahead.
- Hold the dhanurasana pose for about 20 seconds before releasing your ankles and returning to the normal position on the yoga mat.
How dhanurasana helps with erectile dysfunction.
Dhanurasana helps in strengthening the pelvic muscles, thereby improving erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Caution – Dhanurasana is not recommended for those with abdominal, back, or neck injury. People with migraines and high blood pressure should also proceed with caution.
Naukasana is also popularly known as boat pose.
How to perform naukasana:
- Lie back on a yoga mat and look straight up. Keep your feet and heels touching together and your hands at the sides with palms facing down.
- Gently lift your back and feet off the floor in one smooth motion.
- Lift your arms next to your knees parallel to the floor while the palms face inwards.
- Your body assumes a V-shape, and your buttocks support the entire body weight while also maintaining balance.
- Hold the boat pose for about 15 to 20 seconds while breathing gently.
- Exhale slowly as you release and come back to the normal position.
How naukasana helps with erectile dysfunction.
The asana stimulates the sex hormones. It also strengthens the pelvic muscles along with the buttocks, hips, and thighs. Therefore, it improves your stamina and performance in bed.
Caution – Naukasana is not recommended for those with high blood pressure, any type of cardiovascular ailments, spinal injuries, and joint pains.
Additional tips for performing yoga for erectile dysfunction.
- The best time to perform yoga for erectile dysfunction is in the morning. When you perform asanas on an empty stomach, you will reap the benefits faster.
- Use a quality yoga mat while practicing yoga. A sturdy yoga mat will reduce injury and also improve your performance.
Try not to strain your body in any way while practicing yoga. At any Time you feel uncomfortable performing a certain asana, seek the advice of an expert.